We live in an overly-complicated world. Have you noticed?
People are grabbing for our attention everywhere we look. We can’t even come home for peace and solitude because, there, on our desk, is our computer with an urgent email!
Our food is complicated. So many ingredients. So many chemicals. Not enough nutrition.
Our homes are complicated. Too much stuff. Clutter here, there, and everywhere.
Our minds ore over-stimulated. Always on. Always thinking. Always planning.
Any of this sound familiar?
All of this has a negative effect on our health.
So, it’s time to simplify for better health.
Don’t you love that word? SIMPLIFY.
You see, all of this COMPLICATION causes stress in our bodies. Stress is as bad for your health as sugar, really. Stress weakens your immune system, keeps weight on, and makes you irritable and exhausted. Stress can be a major contributing factor of illness and disease. So, it’s time to trade stress for simplicity. Let’s talk about how to do this.
1. Set boundaries. Many of us are work-from-home moms. It’s so hard to turn the business off, but it’s so important. Setting boundaries allows you to take a break from your business to refresh and recover. If you never give yourself the gift of setting boundaries, one day turns into the next, and it becomes exhausting. You cannot function optimally if you never get a break. So, turn it off. Relax. And, focus on the people in your house instead of the people in your computer!
2. Simplify your food. As much as possible, eat yummy stuff that has no labels. Fresh fruits, veggies, nuts. The more living food you put in your body, the more energized you’ll be. So, spend lots of time in the produce section…and not a lot of time in the middle aisles of the grocery store. When you prepare a dish, the fewer the ingredients the better. Oh, and drink water…can’t get much simpler (and healthier) than that!
3. Clear the clutter. When you look around your home, do you feel peaceful or stressed out? If your home creates anything but happy feelings in your heart, take steps to improve it today. This is not about spending money. Just clearing out the clutter will release stress and create more peace. Your home is a haven for you and your family. A warm and cozy place to create memories. Simplify your home to improve your health…and happiness!
4. Evaluate your relationships. Do your relationships improve your life, or do they create strife and unhappiness? We all have difficult people in our lives, and this is another place where setting boundaries is important. If your relationships are stressing you out, it’s time for some heart-to-heart talks. Unhealthy relationships can wreak havoc on your overall well being. (You know if I’m talking to you!)
5. Simplify your health. Remember, simply, that you are the expert on YOU. God made your miraculous body. Before there were any experts out there selling their amazing weight loss pill, there was God. And, He put exactly what you need on this planet to keep you healthy. Stick close to nature. Eat foods in their most natural form, raw and living. Listen to your body. What makes it feel good? What makes it feel bad? God created your body to last you a lifetime. He created it to heal itself. We just have to get out of the way.