Mid week dinners are always a challenge, but especially during the spring and summer. Kids are involved in baseball, softball, swim team and more and getting a healthy dinner on the table is difficult at best. This southern style chicken salad is super easy and the chicken can be prepared the day before and tossed in with the other ingredients right before serving. Serve on a croissant for that ‘restaurant’ special feel or between two wholesome slices of organic oat bread. This recipe holds up to lettuce wraps too, so its uber versatile. Add a few chips to the plate and you’ve got a great mid week dinner.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3½ cups diced roasted or boiled chicken
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup diced red grapes
- Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt and blend well.
- Toss with chicken, celery and pecans.
- Top with red grapes
- Serve on croissant, bread or crisp lettuce.
You can substitute almonds for pecans if you prefer.
Green Grapes work as well as red.